Friday, July 13, 2012

Canadian mother files 'denied cesarean' case


If you haven't read this blog yet, it's a must. On July 4, 2012, Mrs W, who lives in Victoria BC (Canada) posted: Filed. Let the legal process begin.

It reads, "As of this morning - I filed my case regarding the denial of my maternal request c-section in July 2010. The legal process begins...
may it result in a recognition of a woman's legitimate right to informed consent and to choose between planned vaginal delivery and planned caesarean delivery in Canada - and may it prevent other women from unnecessarily having similar experiences. Right now I hope to be granted the strength and courage to survive the process - and hope that doing this puts "IT" to rest."

"Awaiting Juno" describes itself as "A brave blog that strives to seek the truth and support women's rights to quality care, informed choice and timely access to medical care during labour and delivery... Healthy Mom, Healthy Baby should be the non-negotiable starting point."

I think Mrs W. deserves every success in this claim, and if you read her story, I'm sure you'll agree.

No comments: